Did you know that 82 percent of all adults take at least one daily medication?
With such a staggering statistic, it’s no shock that thousands of people a year are affected by medication errors. However, these errors can be avoided with proper medication management.
Now, we understand that keeping tabs on all of your daily medications can feel like a daunting and confusing task. But, there are ways to streamline your medication management and in this blog post, we’re providing you with five helpful tips to get you started.
- When you visit your doctor, don’t be shy. It’s important to ask any pertinent questions that you need answered. During your visit, make sure to cross ever “t” and dot every “i” before leaving the doctor’s office.
- To that point, always inform your doctor and even your dentist if you have any allergies to certain types of medicine.
- If you don’t understand why you’re taking a prescription or it’s possible interactions/side effects, speak with your pharmacist. Your pharmacist also is an informative source who can help you to get a better grasp on your medications.
- Always fill your prescriptions at the same pharmacy. This will aid in medicine management, as your pharmacist will be able to keep tabs on any possible drug interactions. Transferring prescriptions from pharmacy-to-pharmacy can be very dangerous and should be avoided.
- If you feel like you’ll forget to take certain medications, don’t worry. We offer compliance packaging. We’ll organize and package all of your monthly medications into one, convenient package. This will take out the hassle and the guesswork of remembering what medications you need to take and when. It’ll all be done for you!
Proper medication management can help prevent any harmful reactions to a medication error. If you have any questions, please feel free to stop in or give us a call. We’re happy to help.